Our Brand Design Studio explores a wide variety of creative fields, specialising in corporate identity, visual communication, and all that lies in between. This inspired team works in harmony to create, challenge and evolve conceptual, visual and spatial identities.
Integrity, respect and intuition move through the brand studio on a daily basis, sharing a common belief that only through open-minded collaboration can true creativity flourish. Their approach is intuitive – sometimes messy and experimental, at other times precise and process driven – but firmly rooted in hands-on craftsmanship, highly refined research and conceptual thinking.
The teams’ strength lies in conceptual ability – creating skeletal systems for brands that are so original and graceful that a lifetime’s worth of completely unique communication can be hung off each brand created.
The Brand Design Studio scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Brand articulation
- Art direction
- Photographic Direction
- Corporate Identity Development
- Visual Communication and Curation
Our Interior Design Studio cultivates innovative and strategic solutions to new and re-imagined retail and hospitality environments. Creating an engaging and relevant design that is desirable for the customer is always forefront in their thinking, along with ensuring that creative designs can be executed in reality within technical, budget and time parameters.
The teams’ positive, fearless attitude is what sets the Interior Design Studio apart, so whilst they may ruffle a few feathers along the way, they always come out the other end with a superior concept that you can be sure has been examined from every angle. For this team of scrupulous hands-on creatives, no task is impossible.
The Interior Design Studio scope includes, but is not limited to:
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT:
Workshop brand alignment, personality and store experience
Visual audit across current stores
Strategic trend research and analysis
Develop schematic layout
Present design direction
GENERIC CONCEPT DESIGN
Initial sketches of design concept
Sketches extended to include solutions for each area
Finalise generic site footprint
Identify colour statements
Develop functional, flexible merchandising elements
Finalise generic concept
Our Drawing Office is the hub of technical communications, documentation and compliance. This dynamic team turns the Interior Design Studio’s creative concepts into value engineered, working details and full CAD drawing packs.
Their CAD technologists work on projects from A to Z, providing creative solutions to complex technical challenges. We encourage cross-pollination across all in-house disciplines, as well as with clients and stakeholders to ensure full collaboration.
Used across the full life cycle of the project, our technical drawing packs affect every aspect. Thus, our Drawing Office sets and applies industry drawing best practices, whilst their rigorous redlining discipline ensures drawing accuracy. The team strives to break down the structure on paper in a systematic process, ensuring drawings are comprehensive yet simple, allowing clear interpretation during implementation. It’s a matter of ‘deconstruct to construct’.
The Drawing Office scope includes, but is not limited to:
A. GENERIC CONCEPT DETAILING
Concept elements individually sketched and detailed
Complete generic detail pack for costing and manufacturing purposes
Specifications and schedule of finishes and materials
Issue of details and plans for procurement purposes
B. SITE-SPECIFIC DOCUMENTATION
Conduct site-specific survey and review against architects plans
Site-specific drawing pack completed and issued for implementation purposes. Documentation read in conjunction with concept details includes:
- Sketch layout
- Shopfront design
- Fixtures and fitting layout
- Building requirements and store layouts
Prepare and submit Council submissions
Prepare and submit Occupancy certificates
PROCURE AND BUILD
Our hugely experienced Project Office team works nationally and internationally on a daily basis. The Project Managers ‘can do’ attitude epitomises TDC&Co’s family-based culture and leadership style of working with Clients and our 360 degree teams.
Striving to always deliver projects on brand, on time and importantly on budget, Project Office team team oversees client liaison, procurement, Full RfQ (Request for Quotation) process, site installation and roll outs, in addition to developing mock-ups and prototypes.
The Project Office scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Oversee quotation, procurement and manufacture process
- Procurement from and sourcing of best value suppliers and contractors
- Schedule of quantities prepared
- Logistical planning and order placement
- Acting as an agent on clients behalf, appoint suppliers, contractors and place all orders
- Plan and implement mock shop, prototype and selected sites
- Site co-ordination of suppliers and contractors
- Site preparation and set up from beneficial occupation to handover
- Oversee financial health of implementation process
- Draft preliminary costing documents
- Issue orders and financial instructions on behalf of the client
- Receiving and processing of invoices for payment and final cost analysis
- Final reconciliation and close out
Our Architecture Office successfully manages the documentation, procurement and installation of world-class brands the likes of Zara, Nespresso and Shoprite Checkers.
This dedicated team truly thinks globally, whilst acting locally. They are as adept at taking South African brands into Africa and further abroad, as they are in bringing leading world brands into Southern Africa. Whether it’s localising generic concepts to adapt to local conditions, documenting site specific drawing packs, complying with local authorities and landlords or liaising with our Clients’ local and international brand offices, our Architecture Office loves what they do and whom they do it for.
The Architecture Office scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Detail and specification reviews
- Value engineer details and specifications
- Site inspections
- Localise drawing packs
- Landlord and Council interactions
- Co-ordination with Landlords, Architect and third parties
- Tendering and RFQ process
- Supplier appointments
- Oversee manufacture of shop-fitted items
- Prepare site for beneficial occupation
- Manage construction
- Manage site installation and handover
- Financial Management of local suppliers and contractors
CORPORATE AND SHOWROOM SPACES
- Exterior design and documentation
- Interior design and documentation
- RFQ and procurement from best value suppliers
- Project and financial management