Challenge yourself, jump off the deep end and learn to swim.
What happens when you gather an intelligent, creative group of individuals and place them in just the right environment? Inspirational work, which is what TDC is all about. At TDC, we believe in empowering our employees and equipping them to take ownership of their tasks to deliver results of excellence. Our employees are not only accountable for their tasks, but are encouraged to take initiative and grow into strong, talented, inspiring individuals. It takes a lot of hard work, but with the right support and guidance, we find that the best results often come with a little push into the deep end. Are you up for the challenge?
Managing all jobs/projects through the Design Studio, from first brief to release into the Drawing Studio, through to Procurement and Projects Team. You will be bridging the gap between the Account Managers, Management Team and the Creative Studios and will be the go-to person for Account Managers and Management to book Creative resources and assign team members to new incoming work based on capacity and skill requirements.
It will be up to you to manage all workflow through our business using a Traffic Management System called Magnetic.
We need you to…
- Planning and scheduling in daily work to meet all deadlines
- Daily stand-up meetings with the respective teams to track progress and new work input
- Assigning the right work to the right people whilst maintaining a manageable flow of work for the Creative Team
- Being the guardian of process – reviewing existing processes, making sure they are adhered to and suggesting and implementing new ones. The Magnetic workflow process should be the basis of all scheduling
- Understanding what’s involved in each project and making sure the right amount of time has been allocated and booked
- Planning ahead, identifying any additional resource needs and making sure holidays are covered
- Reporting weekly to the Management Team and Studio Managers on Creative Team utilisation, efficiencies and outsource costs. These are to be report packs used in Management and Studio Meetings
- Running weekly scheduling meetings with the Account Managers and Management to make sure you understand the work pipeline
- Sourcing, booking and supervising outsources and specialist creative production support (renders, printers, samples etc)
- Checking all design and artwork briefs before they are worked on and confirm all required information is present
Working in the Retail Interior Design sector is challenging, fast-paced and very client focused. We value candidates with a genuine interest in Design and Architecture, but your experience as a Traffic Manager will be the most important skill we are looking for.
The skills you need:
- A glass half full personality – a resiliently positive attitude is key to the TDC&Co ethos
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and the value of daily Stand-Up meetings and regular team feedback
- A highly organised juggler of many plates – able to quickly prioritise work to benefit the teams as a whole
- Assertive and diplomatic with the confidence to problem-solve and manage conflict
- A good people manager who’s able to inspire our teams and keep them on the straight and narrow when it comes to work allocation and deadline priorities
- Patient and able to keep calm under pressure (whilst also having a sense of urgency in the midst of a fast-paced environment)
- Excellent skills, acquired over 4-5 years, in setting and managing workflow process, scheduling and project management using a Traffic Management system
If the above sounds like you, and you think you would like to join us, we’d love to hear from you. Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “TDC Traffic Manager” in the subject line.
Mid Weight / Senior Interior Designer
For local and international clients in the retail and hospitality sectors, TDC&Co is the leading South African design company that conceptualizes, designs and builds experiential (interior and architectural) spaces that really work.
TDC&Co. is the only specialist design firm that truly understands how to strategically develop purposeful design for the retail & hospitality sectors.
TDC&Co. (‘think, design and connect’) has enjoyed 20 years of growth, and lists South Africa’s biggest and most prestigious retailers amongst its clients, past and present, including The Foschini Group, Checkers and Woolworths.
TDC&Co. is a team of designers and strategic thinkers from around the world, based in Cape Town. Our work is multi-skilled and multi-channeled with Retail and Hospitality focused – customer centric outlook. We practice architecture; interior, graphic and product design and currently work throughout Africa and the Middle East.
We are seeking a senior interior designer to work internally with our multi-disciplinary team to create and manage the entire design function from brief through to hand-over. This position requires strong client facing skills and the ability to manage a diverse team of people.
For this you will require:
- a minimum of a 3 year Interior Design qualification or Architectural Degree
- 5 years’ plus experience obtained in a similar environment and position
- proficiency in MS Office, Auto CAD and preferably Revit, Sketch-Up and Photoshop.
- In addition, your budget management skills, sketching ability, and detailing and mechanical know-how will stand you in good stead.
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your CV in confidence to email@example.com with “Senior Designer Ref 1005” in the subject line and indicate your remuneration package expectations and a detailed letter of motivation.
Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The business reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time.