Challenge yourself, jump off the deep end and learn to swim.
What happens when you gather an intelligent, creative group of individuals and place them in just the right environment? Inspirational work, which is what TDC is all about. At TDC, we believe in empowering our employees and equipping them to take ownership of their tasks to deliver results of excellence. Our employees are not only accountable for their tasks, but are encouraged to take initiative and grow into strong, talented, inspiring individuals. It takes a lot of hard work, but with the right support and guidance, we find that the best results often come with a little push into the deep end. Are you up for the challenge?
Senior Brand Designer
Can you craft strong brand experiences, deliver original creative work and help define the visual direction of projects in a retail environment?
At TDC&Co, we believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, and simple solutions. How about you? We’re looking for a likeminded brand/graphic designer with the experience, passion and skills to help us rid the world of crappy design – one project at a time.
We need you to…
- Take part in defining brand experiences and creative concepts, making sure that ideas are realised, implemented and delivered to the highest level
- Create outstanding visual identities and ensure high standards for the designs
- Conduct visual brand audits and any necessary research to uncover the right insights
- Work closely with some of our largest and most important clients – and handle deliveries independently
- Take part in workshops with the rest of the team to keep inspiration and trends alive and kicking
- Co-ordinate and hold relationship with outsources and content creators
- Do some planning & scheduling around how TDC&Co is best put to market
- Show some creative flair on social media platforms
Ticking the boxes…
- A graduate from a design school, or with a similar educational background
- A skilled designer with at least 4-5 years’ experience within brand activation, corporate identity and visual communication
- A black belt in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign and a master of typography, layout, image retouching, etc.
- A web fundi and be able to develop a workable website (WordPress is beneficial) with links and videos
- A person who knows about Brand and CI development, all the way through to collateral
- A problem solver, with ideas that challenge the ordinary, together with the drive, and the guts, to bring them to life
- Someone with a ‘can do’ attitude, who absolutely, fundamentally believes that we’re better as a team
- Able to travel to client sites and put in a few late nights
If your heart is beating faster…
Please apply via email and remember to tell us why you’re the right one to join our team. firstname.lastname@example.org with “TDC Senior Brand Designer” in the subject line.
We’re itching to see your previous work, so remember to include your portfolio (PDF or web).
Mid Weight / Senior Interior Designer
For local and international clients in the retail and hospitality sectors, TDC&Co is the leading South African design company that conceptualizes, designs and builds experiential (interior and architectural) spaces that really work.
TDC&Co. is the only specialist design firm that truly understands how to strategically develop purposeful design for the retail & hospitality sectors.
TDC&Co. (‘think, design and connect’) has enjoyed 20 years of growth, and lists South Africa’s biggest and most prestigious retailers amongst its clients, past and present, including The Foschini Group, Checkers and Woolworths.
TDC&Co. is a team of designers and strategic thinkers from around the world, based in Cape Town. Our work is multi-skilled and multi-channeled with Retail and Hospitality focused – customer centric outlook. We practice architecture; interior, graphic and product design and currently work throughout Africa and the Middle East.
We are seeking a senior interior designer to work internally with our multi-disciplinary team to create and manage the entire design function from brief through to hand-over. This position requires strong client facing skills and the ability to manage a diverse team of people.
For this you will require:
- a minimum of a 3 year Interior Design qualification or Architectural Degree
- 5 years’ plus experience obtained in a similar environment and position
- proficiency in MS Office, Auto CAD and preferably Revitt, Sketch-Up and Photoshop.
- In addition, your budget management skills, sketching ability, and detailing and mechanical know-how will stand you in good stead.
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your CV in confidence to email@example.com with “Senior Designer Ref 1005” in the subject line and indicate your remuneration package expectations and a detailed letter of motivation.
Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The business reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time.